Thai Style Chicken Burger by by Jo Wilcox
We do love a good burger and thanks to Best Foods, we have an outstanding burger recipe to try.
Check how easy they are to make as well:
- 500g finely ground minced chicken
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups julienne vegetables – carrot, capsicum, cucumber, red onion, snow peas, red cabbage etc
- ½ cup Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander pesto
- 4 gourmet burger buns
1. In a large bowl combine the chicken, spring onion, garlic, ginger and Thai seasoning and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into generous patties, sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
3. Grill the patties for 3-4 minutes each side on a preheat BBQ grill or grill pan until golden and cooked through.
4. Combine the Best Foods Mayonnaise, sweet chilli, lime zest and juice and coriander pesto together and mix well.
5. Toss half the mayo through the vegetables.
6. Split and toast the buns then spread the bottom bun with the flavoured mayo, top with a chicken pattie and colourful salad, sandwich with the top bun and secure together with a skewer or mini toothpick.
Come and visit the Best Foods burger truck at one of the following locations:
Thursday 11th of May, 11am-4pm, Elliott Street car park, Auckland
Saturday 13th of May, 11am-4pm, The Base Shopping Centre, Hamilton
Friday 19th of May, 5.30pm-10pm, Wellington Rowers Club, Wellington Waterfront
Saturday 20th of May, 5pm-10.30pm, Wellington Rowers Club, Wellington Waterfront
Share your Best Burger experience by using the Hashtag #bestburgertruck
To recreate these two sliders, or if you’re looking for more delicious ideas, check out the five new Best Foods burger recipes by selecting “bestburgertruck” in the recipe finder at bestfoods.co.nz. Build these tasty burgers for yourself at home:
Thai Chicken Burger
Classic Beef and Cheese Burger
Fish and Chip Sliders
Smoky Pulled Pork Burger
The Best Falafel Burger
Best Foods Mayonnaise 405g RRP: $5.00, available at supermarkets nationwide.