Fish & Chip Sliders Recipe by Jo Wilcox
How good do these little sliders look from Best Foods????
Check out the steps to create your own:
3-4 medium fresh fish fillets – snapper, gurnard etc.
1 cup self-rising flour
½ teaspoon lemon & pepper or Sumac seasoning
1 cup approx. sparkling water or beer
Oil for frying
2 large Agria potatoes
1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of capers, drained and roughly chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Frilly greens to serve
12 slider buns
1. Cut the fish fillets into small bite-sized pieces and dry off on paper towels.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and seasoning and then slowly whisk in the liquid until smooth.
3. Cut the potatoes into thin slices
4. Pre-heat enough oil to a depth of at least 5 cm in a deep fryer or heavy saucepan.
5. Combine the Best Foods Mayonnaise, capers, lemon zest and juice and dill, season to taste.
6. Dip the fish portions into the batter and cook 3-4 at a time until golden and cooked through.
7. Cook the potato slices until golden and crisp.
8. Spilt the slider buns and toast if desired. Spread a small dollop of mayo on each bun and sandwich with fresh greens, golden fish, crispy potato chips and extra caper mayo.
Come and visit the Best Foods burger truck at one of the following locations:
Thursday 11th of May, 11am-4pm, Elliott Street car park, Auckland
Saturday 13th of May, 11am-4pm, The Base Shopping Centre, Hamilton
Friday 19th of May, 5.30pm-10pm, Wellington Rowers Club, Wellington Waterfront
Saturday 20th of May, 5pm-10.30pm, Wellington Rowers Club, Wellington Waterfront
Share your Best Burger experience by using the Hashtag #bestburgertruck
To recreate these two sliders, or if you’re looking for more delicious ideas, check out the five new Best Foods burger recipes by selecting “bestburgertruck” in the recipe finder at bestfoods.co.nz. Build these tasty burgers for yourself at home:
Thai Chicken Burger
Classic Beef and Cheese Burger
Fish and Chip Sliders
Smoky Pulled Pork Burger
The Best Falafel Burger
Best Foods Mayonnaise 405g RRP: $5.00, available at supermarkets nationwide.